Thursday, November 8, 2007

Help Make A Difference!

I had hoped to update my blog earlier in the week but life is as usual...crazy. I'm sure all of you can relate.

I have been feeling the need to balance my life and learn the word "NO". After much thought the past few weeks, I decided to step down from my current volunteer position at the Sheriffs Department. The older my kids get the busier my life gets and it's becoming much more difficult to juggle everything. Plus...my Wonder Woman suit is fading and doesn't fit quite right! I love being a part of the department and I'm going to miss interacting with the public and those I have had the privilege to work with. Good news is...I was asked to help moderate the message board on the website. This is something I will do part time from my home. I'm hoping to learn much more as I'm so new to blogging. It's wonderful to be able to help out and give back to the community, but my family comes first. Life is wonderful but getting busier by the day!
















Wow it's already November! Kaitlin's senior year is flying by. I can't believe she will be graduating in May. My how the time flies by when your having fun! She continues to be my very strong-willed, spirited child filled with lots of attitude. I know one day these fine qualities she displays will be to her advantage. This too shall pass is what I continually say and what I'm told by those who know Kaitlin.

Matty is having a great time at his new school. He is gearing up for a fun basketball season. He is playing for his school and for St. Rose CYO. I love basketball and can't wait for the games to begin. Basketball is officially in full force and so is my taxi service!

This past week I was thankful for any free moment I had. It was spent prepping for my classes this weekend as well as preparing my "Class by Mail" card kits. Woo-hoo! Last night I finished packaging all the kits and I had planned to mail them this morning. Well, silly me...today is a holiday and there is no mail service.

In honor of Veteran's Day I wanted to share an address I received from Elizabeth, one of my on-line friends.

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001

No matter how you feel about the war, please take the time to send at least one Christmas Card to the address above. These men and women are doing what they are trained to do and need your support especially during the holidays. Please also remember to pray daily for our Veterans and those who continue to serve our country. Thank you for taking the time to pass this along to your family and friends and together we can help make a difference!

Happy Stampin' and Blessings to you!
Kimberly Myers

"I do not at all understand the mystery of grace - only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us." -Anne Lamott